Saturday, September 29, 2007

He's off again!

Yep! Russ is traveling again! He leaves Monday morning for Vegas. He will be working Monday thru Thursday there and coming home every weekend. This should last thru October and possibly into November. The timing works well for this first trip since I have to finish about 50 swaps for Portland Regionals and my Circle Journal for the Spamily.

The swaps and the Journal are both "due" on the 12th of October, and I leave on the 11th for Portland. Getting a few days in with Mom since after the travel fiasco last year, I *refuse* to travel over the Holidays ever again. What a nightmare! Russ will fly directly from Vegas to Portland. SCS is having a dinner Friday night and he wanted to go to that and witness the insanity. LOL.

I have the actual Regional Seminar on Friday from 9 to 5 and then the SCS dinner is at 6. AND MELISSA IS GONNA BE THERE!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! (and bonus for me since she is the one I send the Circle Journals to, I get to hand deliver this one instead of having to mail it on the 10th!) Russ is looking forward to meeting Melissa and her husband, Jason. Should be an entertaining evening!

I have the album done (we are doing 6x6 format, which is REALLY CHALLENGING for me, especially since this is my FIRST "real" scrapbook) and I have the intro & instruction page all typed up and ready to print. I have the tag pages almost figured out and I have some ideas for my 2 page layout. So I still have some WORK to do on it these next 2 weeks. My swaps are about half done. All 300 pieces are cut and the stamping is done, the designer paper has been layered on the front and the front and back pieces have been punched. All I have left to do is distress 100 edges, make 50 glitter windows and then punch them out, cut 50 pieces of ribbon, layer all that together on the front of the "card", attach the front and back pieces and label them all. Not going to post yet what it is that I'm making, but I promise to post a picture right before I leave for Portland. And, Judy, I think I sent you one in your birthday box.... at least I intended to..... hmmmm....

So that's my world in a little nutshell (hush, Judy). I imagine this weekend will be spend doing laundry and helping Russ pack. I have to take him to the airport at 4:30 Monday morning.... yawn..... Should be fun......

1 comment:

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

Well, I just emailed you and the box arrived and I GASPED FOR AIR!! Did you hear me?? I love it all and after I feed the pups and my husband - I will share the photos and blog. And I have lots o' questions about a couple of things you made...OMG the silver ornament if I didn't love you as much as I do - that puppy would be on EBAY right now!! ROFLOL (just teasin) The dogs loves their toys, but no treats inside yet til they eat. OKAY, watch for my new blog later tonight - tonight is blog night and I gotta update Marios IPOD and mine........TTYL

THANKS AGAIN!
PS - now I wish that free airplane ticket would've gotten you here so I could learn how you made this stuff!! LOL