Sunday, March 11, 2007

I did a little stamping today....

It was hard to come indoors with the gorgeous weather we've had this weekend, but I decided to do the Sunday Stampers Challenge on Splitcoast. They list a featured artist and you look thru their gallery of stamped art and recreate one of their cards changing at least 2 things. In the stamp world, this is known as "CASE" or "Copy And Share Everything".

Here is a link to the card I copied

Here is the card I did. I changed the colors, the stamps, the embellishments on the bottom half and used layered tags instead of squares for the trio of images. Pretty much all I copied was Holly's layout and I, too, used stitched ribbon on top of the tags:



It's hard to tell from the picture, but the pink and white tags have a "drop shadow" green tag behind them. They are raised up on "pop dots" to give the card some added dimension. After I scanned the card, I added glitter to the edge of the green tags too. I have to do that after I scan..... I am not patient enough to wait for the glitter to dry and end up with globs of glittery goop on my scanner otherwise.....

The printed paper behind the tags is by Basic Grey... it is from the new "Perhaps" collection and I just had to go buy the new Basic Grey papers after seeing what two of the Splitcoast bloggers have been doing with it.... DROOL..... PRETTY PAPER....

For those who read this for an update on what's actually going on around my house (Hi Russ!), I got all the patio furniture out and uncovered and cleaned off and moved around out back today. I also cleaned the BBQ (eeeeeeeeewww!!!!!) and got the srpinklers up and running for the season (only had to dig one up out of the lawn this year!).

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the little drop shadow behind the tags...and of course, the Basic Grey paper! Hooray for you getting your patio and sprinklers all ready. I opened every window in the house this morning, for the first official "airing out" of spring! ;)