My graduation anniversary is today. A LONG, long time ago. Saturday was Michael’s Graduation party. There was good food, good friends and a lot of fun! Wanting to do a special card for Michael, I decided to try one of the “Shutter” or “Peaks & Valleys” cards. They are very popular on the “blogosphere” right now, but I hadn’t tried one yet. I used the instructions from my friend Rhonda’s blog, The Stampin’ Bunny. She got the idea from another blogger who got the idea from someone else, but Rhonda changed the measurements to fit a standard A2 envelope. YAY!
Since Michael’s school colors were dark green and white, I used Handsome Hunter Textured card stock (From the Rich Regals assortment 108696) and the Classic Stars Jumbo Wheel (111254) on Whisper White with a Handsome Hunter ink cartridge (105205). I also used the Large and Small Star punches (110710 & 109045) and some Brushed Gold Card Stock (102935). Oh, and Dimensionals (104430)! The sentiment stamps are from the new Verve Set “Dare To Be You”.
Here is the result:
Here is what it looks like closed (color looks better on this one too):
It was a fun card to make and surprisingly easy. I’ll be making more of these!
Thanks for looking!


3 comments:
Wow! What a great card. Super for graduation.
Oh, this is so cool, Lisa! I still haven't gotten up the courage to try one of these fancy cards, but they look so fun.
And thanks for my goodies in the mail. I just realized I never said thanks! Sheesh, people and their manners these days! LOL
What an awesome graduation card! Very cool!
Post a Comment