Yes, boys and girls, I SCRAPPED SOMETHING. I truly am NOT a scrapbooker. Not even a little bit. Well, maybe a LITTLE bit, but when I do, it’s usually digital or very minimalist. Well, I lost my mind a while back and joined a group of my friends in a “Circle Journal” project. For those who don’t know what that is; each member of the group has a scrapbook. They do the welcome and instruction page and the page(s) for the members’ tags and then they do the first layout and mail it on to the next gal. Our group left the themes of the books open to the individual who owned it. When it’s all done, you get your own book back with a layout in it from each member.
My theme was about our “stamping”. I have another circle journal here that is due out by the end of this month. Her theme is about our pets. I have several hundred pictures to choose from for that one! LOL! The ones I’ve already done include a dream vacation, another one about pets, one about dreams/goals and one about a family recipe.
Julie’s theme is “Collecting Joy”. Our pages were supposed to be about things that bring us joy. So here is what I did:
The base pages are Almost Amethyst and the mats are Basic Black. The brads and ribbon slides are from the Stylized Silver Hodgepodge Hardware. The ribbon is White Taffeta and the rest of the embellishments are whatever was in my drawer. The wine bottle and glass are from a Hanna Stamps set called “Kiss the Cook”. The little pull tab was made with the SU Scallop Circle punch (Shimmery White) and layered onto Almost Amethyst that was punched with the 2” Scallop Circle punch by EK Success. It’s a PERFECT mat for our punch! The text is printed on Shimmery White.
Thanks for looking!


3 comments:
That back yard looks like the perfect place for a cookout with friends. An Coco looks like she enjoys her home, too!
Wonderful layout, Lisa! And Coco looks soooo neglected! LOL
Don't know why you don't scrap! great pages. Love the amethyst and black.
Post a Comment