Saturday, May 02, 2009

A Blast From the Past…..

In (soon to be) 16 years of marriage, Russ has made a card for me ONCE.  It was near the beginning of our marriage, I’m guessing 1995 – 1997.  He stamped a birthday card for me.  I don’t remember whose stamps the background, fireworks or the Happy Birthday sentiment were, but the tiger on the inside was from a circus set by DOTS (now CTMH).  Note the use of scallop edge scissors (two different pair!) and the specturm style ink pad.  Just a wee bit dated, huh?  Purple being my favorite color explains the color of the tiger, but I still wonder about his/her grey tail….

Here is the front of the card:

Birthday Card by Russ 

And here is the inside:

Birthday Card by Russ inside

And now that I have published this, he will either consider it a challenge to do another card or he will certainly never stamp a card for me again…..  Love you, Sweetie!

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

How sweet is this?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, aren't these the best, though?

Kathy said...

One home made card from a guy is enough to keep him for a lifetime! Yay for Russ!!!!