Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I wish I could share more.....

I've been doing quite a bit of stamping lately, I just can't post any of it because most of it is being sent to my Secret Pals on Splitcoast.  I have my Divine Secret Sister and my Swappers Anonymous Secret Cupid.  I just mailed off my cards for the SAB swap on Tuesday.  I suppose I could post that..... 

SAB 2009 Swap

Supplies used:

The stamp set is called "Botanical Blooms" and will be available during Sale-A-Bration starting February 1st.  It is a "2-Step" set.  I inked the flower outline stamp with Old Olive (100079) and Regal Rose (105108) markers.  The outline leaf stamp was stamped in Old Olive (102277).  The solid flower is stamped in Pink Pirouette (111838) and the leaves are stamped in Certainly Celery (105217).  I colored in the center of the flower with a So Saffron marker (105114) and added 3 little dots of Tombow Multi glue (110755) and sprinkled that with Dazzling Diamonds (102023).  The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip (100908).

Papers:  So Saffron (105118), Certainly Celery (105125) and Whisper White (100730) Cardstock, Bashful Blue Textured Cardstock from the Soft Subtles assortment (108695) and "Darling Dots" Designer Series paper which will be available as a selection during Sale-A-Bration.  The color on this pattern is Sahara Sand.  Other patterns feature So Saffron, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery and combinations of those four colors.  It's really nice paper!

Accessories:  The ribbon is the 7/8" Poly Twill (111364) in So Saffron and I used Gold Brads (104337) for accents.  The punches used were the Wide Oval (112082), Key Tag (107272), Word Window (105090) and Scallop Edge (112091).

I also had four birthday cards "due" this week.  So unless you like spoilers, Kim B, Amy B, Cherie and Justin - STOP READING!

I'll admit it.  I don't have any Stampin Up birthday sets.  Well, except Crazy for Cupcakes, but after using that in a couple of swaps, I'm a little burned out on the cupcakes. 

So, I brought out one of my Verve sets, Birthday Surprise, and inked up the cute little birdie in one of my waterproof black inks, sorry, don't remember which one!  He is colored in with a CTMH Heavenly Blue marker, and his hat is colored in with an SU Barely Banana marker (100039). 

The sentiment is from CTMH and is stamped in Rose Red (101778).  The ribbon is the 5/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain (109056). 

The hat is accented with dark pink glitter pen and the tail feathers are accented with the "clear" Stardust glitter pen.  The bird is layered on a cicle of Barely Banana cardstock (102701) which is then layered onto a Sizzix Scallop Circles #2 (113469) cut from CTMH Heavenly Blue that I pierced the scallops on.  The edge of the banana circle is accented with Diamond Stickles. 

The patterned paper is from an old retired SU scrap kit and the cardstock on the bottom half is also Barely Banana.  It is all mounted on a confetti white (102028) card.  I thought it came out looking cheerful!

January-Birthday-Card

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for new posts after I get my new catalog swaps started this weekend!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

These are great cards! I really like the layouts that you used.

Amy said...

Oh, I love mine! :-) Thanks, LisaCat!

Heather Gerus said...

Wonderful cards. Can't wait for my SAB sets to arrive. I only preordered Yummy. Love your colors and layouts.

Sharon Bridwell said...

Love this card. The layout is great! TFS!
Sharon