Sunday, November 09, 2008

It's been a long and wild week!

I had good intentions of doing some stamping this week.  Julee was having a sketch challenge going over at Verve Visual for the new stamp release.  I had planned on doing all 5 of the daily sketches in the hopes of winning the new stamps.  Unfortunately, "life" had other plans this week which included me being suddenly away from home for a few days.  All is well and back to normal here, but Russ was in the hospital for about 40 hours and then we spent a day at his mom's house before we came back home.  Needless to say, no stamping got done. :-(

I thought I would take a shot at the challenges yesterday after I was all done with things around here, but was only able to do the first two challenges.  So here are my cards for VSHR1 and VSHR2.  All supplies but the rhinestones are from Stampin' Up!:

VSHR1 VSHR2

Both cards use Baja Breeze Textured Cardstock (from the In Color assorted pack 111345), Whisper White cardstock (100730) and Ski Slope Designer Series Paper (112994, available until January 18, 2009 in the Holiday Mini Catalog), and the stamp set used is Season Of Joy (110384) which is on page 34 of the Fall Winter 2008 Idea Book and Catalog.  The inks used were Baja Breeze (111833) and Silver Encore (101039).  I used the large oval, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches on VSHR2 along with silver brads (104336) and white taffeta (109070).  VSHR1 also uses the Silver elastic cord (109866) from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  And since there is no such thing as too much bling, I added a few Swarovski Rhinestones from my bead collection.

Thanks for looking, and if you are looking for an online party this evening, be sure to check out the Verve Visual Release party over at Splitcoast!

4 comments:

COME STAMP WITH JUDY !! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JUST JUDY said...

Beautiful as always!!

Stampinsilvia said...

ohh your cards are gorgeous! Lovin the colors! Sorry to hear about your FIL...I will be praying that the Holidays aren't too hard on your family this year! Miss chatting with you!

I'm so Jelous that you went to Disney...I so wanna go back!

Kathy said...

Lisa, I don't know how I missed your blog before - I try to watch for all the SA's! I'm glad things are okay with Russ and love your cards. It's too bad that you couldn't get all the challenges done. But your work is terrific!