So, October kinda sucked overall. Starting off with putting Taz down was bad enough. Then my father-in-law passed away on the 15th. Then I got food poisoning on the 19th and wasn't eating normally until the 27th. While our trip to Disneyland at the end of the month at least ended the month on a good note, it wasn't enough to erase the general suckiness that was October 2008. Good riddance.
I'm currently working on a 6x6 recipe swap page for a crock pot swap I'm in with my Spamily. I have the prototype done and the pieces are all cut out and in various stages of completeness. I'm hoping to get that in the mail by the end of the week. I'll post it here after the swap is mailed back out, which won't be till the 18th. I'm still waiting on the last swap I was in to come back to me - the Christmas swap with my Swappers Anonymous group. Sigh. The postal service has not been my friend this week. As soon as I'm done with the crock pot recipe swap, I need to get in gear and start on Christmas. I need to design and make cards and ornaments for our family. I have the blank ornaments at least, it's just a question of what I'm going to stamp on them. Then there's gifts for the Spamily. Eek! Russ' mom and sister are going up to the cabin Thanksgiving night. We had planned on going this year, but that's too many people up there for me to be able to work on my Christmas stamping which is the whole reason I go up there at Thanksgiving. Russ thinks he might want to go up there with them, which is fine, but I will be coming home to stamp. TOO MUCH TO DO! LOL!
I have my mom asking for our Christmas wish list. I have no idea what I want this year. Everything we want is big ticket stuff (we got a new TV so we need a new DVD player and would really like to upgrade our audio system from the one we've had since the late 80's/early 90's. I'd like another pot in my Calphalon set ($100). Stuff like that. And Mom hates doing gift cards. Oh well. I have started going thru and throwing/donating stuff out of my house and the thought of getting more "stuff" is really not appealing right now. I donated stuff last week that came home from family Christmas gatherings last year and the year before and was still in the boxes it came in. Ugh. Hopefully it will make someone else happy this holiday.
I need to finish cleaning out the "storage area" that our living room turned into. I have boxes of stuff in there that came home from Dad's house in 2004 that just got stacked and stored in there. I got through a few boxes before October went to the dogs, but all progress on that stopped on the 15th. My hope is to actually put up our 7' Christmas tree this year. We haven't had it up since 2002 when we discovered that there was no way (in this house) to keep Taz out of the living room and keep her from eating the tree. Yes, it's artificial. She loved to chew chew chew the branches and then she would barf little artificial tree bits all over the house. Then she would repeat the process. We tried spritzing the branches with bitter apple. Didn't help. Little monster. So, this year, provided the mice in the garage have left the tree alone, we will have a BIG tree again. We've had a little 3' thing on top of the entertainment center the past several years. Now that the entertainment center is gone, it's big tree or NO tree! We'll see what happens! It would be nice to get my Hallmark ornament collection showcased again. I've been collecting selected Hallmark ornament series since 1983 and have a collection that FILLS the 7' tree PLUS the mantle..... Hmmmm... Just realized that I need to find a new location for my Candlelight Churches..... they used to go on top of the entertainment center, under the little tree..... hmmmmm....
OK - enough babbling. Off to work on my swaps!


No comments:
Post a Comment