Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm a horrible mom.....

I feel just TERRIBLE.  Last night, in the dark, I stepped ON Taz.  Not just stepped on her tail or her foot, but really ON her body somewhere.  And I was sleepy, so it wasn't a quick, light step either.  I "stood" on her long enough for her to scream bloody murder and bite me TWICE.  Once pretty deeply, I might add.  Of course, after THAT, I was WIDE AWAKE as I tried to calm her down and check her for any obvious injury.  I didn't get around to washing the bite out with Bactine for a good 15 minutes which, I'm sure, did not help that at all.  Ouch.

She seems to be OK this morning, although she is still walking with a little limp in the back and she is having trouble jumping down off the beds.  I have a lovely bite wound on my leg that is red and really, REALLY hurts.  I tried to stand on tiptoe earlier to get my cereal down and I almost toppled over from the pain.  I wonder if she bit all the way to the muscle?  Ouch.  Serves me right.

Last night I kept waking up and every time I did, I would go and find her and make sure she was OK.  She runs when she sees me coming now, which just breaks my heart. 

So, let's see.... I abandon her for 4 days while I go and frolic in Hawaii, then I come home and practically kill her.  Gee, how lucky is she to have such a fantastic mother?  And her birthday is Monday too.  SIGH.  I suck.

1 comment:

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

oh, i'm sorry sweetie. it was an accident and Taz has to know that..otherwise she would know you were "attacking her, coming after her in a sense" get what I mean?
OUCH - that bite has to hurt bad if you can't stand on your toes to reach something.

Monday - treat her like a Queen - give her everything and anything she loves - - PUT THE LUGGAGE AWAY OUT OF SIGHT - OUT OF MIND - put away anything from HAWAII!!

Are you thinking of takin' her to the vet at all? And you to the doc if your foot doesn't get better soon?

I'm sorry.....a tail and paw is one thing - but OUCH for both of you!!

She still loves you!